Applying for a Home
Applying for a Habitat mortgage is similar to applying for any mortgage, and – yes – there is a lot of paperwork. If possible, we encourage you to attend an information meeting. It’s a helpful place to learn about the homes available, the application process, our selection criteria and process, and what it means to be a Habitat homeowner family. Once you are ready, here’s what you need to do.
- Check that you may qualify for a Habitat home (if you think you might, the only way to know for sure is to apply).
- Fill out a paper application.
- Provide documentation paperwork typical of any mortgage application.
- Write a personal statement that explains your housing need.
- Return the application to the Habitat office before the due date, which is final.
Click here to view a sample application and general information on how to apply (for when applications are open). At any point during the process you can contact us. We know that applying for a home and mortgage can seem like a big task, and we are here to help! Contact our Family Programs Manager, Mary Ann Mills-Lassiter, at 508-362-3559 x21 or email her for more information.
See more information: Apply for a Home